• Warranty is not endorsed or underwritten by any external insurance policy.
• All warranty agreements are valid only for the original purchaser of the kitchens and are not transferable.
3.1 Installation warranty
• We warrant that the installation services provided by us will be performed with reasonable skill and care, and the installation itself remains under warranty for a period of 12 months thereafter.
We will not accept liability for any fault or damage caused by incorrect measurements provided by you during the ordering process, or by pre-existing damage to walls or utility connections to which products are attached.
• If the installation services do not conform with the warranty, we will either re-perform the installation services to comply or agree a refund which will be no higher than the original installation price.
• We will endeavour to complete the installation services within the agreed timescale but will not be held liable for any reasonable delays due to unforeseen circumstances. No compensation will be given for inconvenience or costs incurred due to the project running over schedule for an unforeseen reason.
• This does not effect your right to redress under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
4. Your responsibilities
• In regard to installation, you are responsible for:
• If you choose to appoint your own tradesperson(s), rather than our installer, to carry out any part of the work, or additional works coinciding with our installation, you must ensure that these works are carried out with reasonable skill and care. In the event that our fitter is unable to proceed with the installation services due to incomplete or sub-standard workmanship of the additional contractor(s) the fitter will suggest one of the following:
• Please note, it is your responsibility to ensure that the products are stored in a suitable environment until such time as the fitter is able to install the products, should the situation mentioned above occur. You will be responsible for any costs, loss and/or damage caused due to the fitter being unable to carry out the installation services on the original date.
• You must inform us of any known structural defects or anomalies at the location where the installation services are to be carried out which may affect the installation services.
• If during the installation services, you agree with the installer to deviate from the plan, then this must be communicated with Kettle Co. Only if the deviation is advised by the installer and confirmed by your Designer and our Project Manager, will Kettle Co. be liable if the deviation causes loss or damage.
• If at any time throughout the installation you have any concerns about the installer or the quality of workmanship, you must contact us immediately. Do not wait until the installation is complete.
• On completion of the installation services, you will be asked to sign a certificate of completion and allow us to take photographs of the completed works. If you are not happy in any way with the installation services which have been carried out, you should note this on the certificate of completion.
• If you raise a claim or issue in regard to the installation services you must allow us access to review the installation services/products and to take photographs of any alleged damage or poor quality of work.
5. Installation services
• Provided that you comply with your obligations, we will ensure that the fitter completes the installation to the specifications discussed at time of purchase.
• If, during the installation services, it appears that the walls are incapable of holding the products supplied or the utility connections are unsafe, faulty, flawed or of poor quality, we reserve the right to suspend the installation service until the necessary remedial works have been completed.
• Whilst we will try to ensure our fitters keep dust and disruption to a minimum during the provision of the installation services, you should take all reasonable and necessary steps to minimise the impact of the installation services, for example by moving breakables/delicate items and covering areas likely to be affected with dust sheets. Whilst the fitters will endeavour to clean up after themselves, you should expect some dust to result from the installation services and you agree that we will not be liable for any cleaning expenses resulting from such dust.
• Minor damage may occur to decor, plaster and tiling during the installation services but you agree that we will not be responsible for redecorating or repairing any damage unless it is as a result of our negligence rather than an unavoidable consequence of having the products fitted.
• The installer will issue a certificate for any gas and/or electric work that has been carried out as per the industry requirements and safe working practice.
St Austell Showroom
1st Floor HBH Woolacotts Superstore
The Valley Retail Park
Gover Road, St Austell
Cornwall PL25 5NE
© Kettle Co. 2017