• Warranty is not endorsed or underwritten by any external insurance policy.
• All warranty agreements are valid only for the original purchaser of the kitchens and are not transferable.
3.1 Installation warranty
• We warrant that on installation and for a period of 1 year thereafter the installation services shall be performed with reasonable skill and care.
• We shall not be liable for any breach of the warranty should the following occur:
• If the installation services do not conform with the warranty, we shall elect to either re-perform the installation services to comply or agree a refund which will be no higher than the original installation price.
• We shall not be responsible for losses or damage that result from the disconnection of any white goods, including but not limited to washing machines, dishwashers, fridges, freezers and/or radiators. However, we agree to be liable for any damage caused through our negligence or lack of duty of care.
• We will endeavour to complete the installation services within the agreed timescale but will not be held liable for any reasonable delays due to unforeseen circumstances. No refund will be given for inconvenience or costs incurred due to the project running over schedule for an unforeseen reason.
4. Your responsibilities
• In respect of installation you are responsible for:
• If you appoint your own tradesperson(s), rather than our installer, to carry out any additional works, you must ensure that these works are carried out with reasonable skill and care. In the event our installer is unable to proceed with the installation services due to work outstanding/ sub-standard workmanship of the additional works the installer will suggest one of the following:
• Please note It is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are stored in a suitable environment until such time as the installer is able to install the products should the situation mentioned above occur. You will be responsible for the costs, loss and/or damage caused due to the installer being unable to carry out the installation services on the original date.
• You must inform us of any known structural defects or anomalies at the location where the installation services are to be carried out which may affect the installation services.
• If during the installation services, you agree with the installer to deviate from the plan, then this must be communicated with Kettle Co. If the deviation is advised by the installer and confirmed by Designer or/and Project Manager, then Kettle Co. will be liable if the deviation cause loss or damage.
• If at any time throughout the installation you have any concerns about the installer or the quality of workmanship, you must contact us immediately. Do not wait until the installation is complete.
• On completion of the installation services, you will be asked to sign a certificate of completion and allow us to take photographs of the completed works. If you are not happy in any way with the installation services which have been carried out and you must note this on the certificate of completion.
• If you raise a claim or issue in respect of the installation services you will allow us access to review the installation services/products and to take photographs of the products and any alleged damage or poor quality of work.
4. Installation services
• We will endeavour to complete the installation services within the agreed timescale but will not be held liable for any reasonable delays due to unforeseen circumstances if they can be resolved within reasonable timing.
• Provided that you comply with your obligations we will ensure that the installer completes the installation to the specification discussed at time of purchase.
• If during the installation services, it appears that the walls are incapable of holding the products supplied or the utility connections are unsafe, faulty, flawed or of poor quality, we reserve the right to suspend the installation service until the necessary remedial works have been completed.
• We shall not be responsible for or liable for any damage, loss or expense caused due the poor quality of or fault with any of the walls or utility connections, as long as the damage is not due to the company’s negligence or lack of duty of care.
• Whilst we will try to ensure our installers keep dust and disruption to a minimum during the provision of the installation services, you should take all reasonable and necessary steps to minimise the impact of the installation services, for example by moving breakables/delicate items and covering areas likely to be affected with dust sheets. Whilst the installers will endeavour to clean up after themselves, you should expect some dust to result from the installation services and you agree that we will not be liable for any cleaning expenses resulting from such dust.
• Minor damage may occur to decor, plaster and tiling during the installation services but you agree that we will not be responsible for redecorating or making good any damage unless it is as a result of our negligence rather than an unavoidable consequence of having the products fitted.
• The installer will issue a certificate for any gas and/or electric work that has been carried out as per the industry requirements and safe working practice.
Either call us on: 01726 600034 (St. Austell) or 01752 936104 (Plymouth)
Or write to us (please request proof of receipt if posting):
St Austell Showroom
1st Floor HBH Woolacotts Superstore
The Valley Retail Park
Gover Road, St Austell
Cornwall PL25 5NE
Or email us email@example.com
We aim to respond within 3 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised. Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman and/or Which? Trusted Trader for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them.
© Kettle Co. 2017